If you are planning a night out in NOLA for NYE, I suggest you make your reservations now. If you have, then you're a step ahead of the game. From fancy dinners to hot parties, New Orleans is one of the go-to cities for NYE Festivities. For those of us who have not made plans, here’s a few options to choose from:
1. Audubon Zoo will host their annual Zoo Year’s Eve at The Zoo from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm where kids can enjoy games, music and prizes. There's even a cute little toast for the kiddos. For more info click here.
2. Louisiana Children's Museum is another great place to bring the kids. LCM will be open from 9:30 am -3: 00 pm with a balloon release and confetti toss at 12 pm. Enjoy fun crafts and music. Click here for more info.
1. So apparently it’s suppose to be freezing in NOLA for New Year's Eve. If you want to brave the cold and the crowds. Head over to Jackson Square to watch the Fleur De Lis drop, followed by the fireworks show. I suggest you get there early...... REAL EARLY.
3. If you want a front-row seat to the fireworks show, hop on the Steamboat Natchez. For $175.00 per person, you can eat, drink and dance the night away. Not to mention get some of the best IG worthy photos of the fireworks show.
4. Now if "fancy" is your thing, Marché is hosting their super swanky event. Guests will be able to view the fireworks display while sipping on bottomless champagne and enjoying an array of gourmet food stations. This event will cost you $195.00 per person. If this is your thing, act quick! They may sell out by the time you read this. Click here for more info.
3. If you want casual, Meril is always a fun option. The food is excellent, and the music selection is pretty damn good. Last time I was there, I was jamming to T.I. For NYE Chef Will has added a few specials to their menu. Great food, banging music and a selfie station. Yup, you read correct. For NYE a selfie station will be available stocked with props and even a special filter.
4. Hot Tin is located in the lavish Pontchartrain Hotel. Beginning at 4pm and ending at 5 pm, Hot Tin is hosting “Bottomless Bubbles” All You Can Drink Veuve Clicquot for $25.00. After sipping enough bubbly head on down to the Caribbean Room for an early dinner. Take a picture in front the ginormous Lil Wayne portrait, then make your way back upstairs to get ready to ring in the New Year with a little more Veuve. The party starts at 8 pm with a $25.00 cover. This bar has one of the best views of the city.
5. LULA’s Distillery is another casual spot. For $75.00 per person, you get four courses AND 2 cocktails! OR if you're not drinking~(side eye) you can enjoy four courses for $60 bucks. But really? Who's NOT drinking?!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Be safe out there folks!