Has it really been that long since I've blogged? Oh boy! I'm sorry y’all; It's been a crazy few weeks.. err months. Lol! Well I'm back just in time for festival season!!! Y’all, festival season is my favorite time of year in NOLA. It's the time when you get to sample great food, listen to excellent music, lay on a blanket in the middle of the park and just take in the Vitamin D. Festival season is usually when my hair is wild and curly because it can get pretty hot here and worrying about keeping a fresh blow out is not an option. Since this is my favorite time of the year, it only makes sense for me to send you a list of festivals to explore.
1. YLC Wednesday At The Square- (March 14-May 30) Hosted by the Young Leadership Council. This free festival is held every Wednesday at Lafayette Square. This festival is pretty cool because for one, it's free! Hello! And two, you get to purchase incredible local eats and enjoy a beverage or two while enjoying some local music!
2. New Orleans Fashion Week-(March 18-24) I'm pretty excited about this one. This will be my first year attending and from what I hear, I'm in for a real treat. Kicking off on March 18th, NOFW is jam-packed with exciting events. There will be a kid’s runway show, information sessions on fashion, adult runway shows and much more. I'm all in!
3. Hogs for the Cause- (March 23-24)Who doesn't like a fest that is dedicated to pork and raises money for families fighting pediatric brain cancer? This family-friendly festival features 21 bands, a BBQ Competition and a huge selection of food and drink vendors. I'll probably be the first person at the gate! Oh, get this! This year, you don't have to worry about carrying cash around. Hogs for the Cause has these nifty wristbands you can load up with cash. When it's time to pay for your favorite bacon dish, just scan your band and BAM! Done!
4. NOMA Egg Hunt & Family Fest-(March 24) My Little people will love this fest. Held at the beautiful Sculpture Gardens, the fest features an Easter Egg Hunt, of course, as well as face painting, a petting zoo and arts and crafts. Mamas, bring your wine and get there early. It's going to get packed quick with little people running around high on sugar!
5. French Quarter Fest- This fest isn't until April 12th-15th, but I had to list it. I love everything about the FQF: the food, the Quarters and the music. What's not to love? Smack dead in the middle of the Quarters, this fest will not disappoint. If you are visiting that weekend, you MUST attend. This FREE event features food from over 50 New Orleans restaurants, performances from local bands, and a ton of art vendors.
There are so many festivals, I wish I could list them all here. I would love to hear a few of your favorites. Drop me a line or two in the comments below. :-)