Hi, Y'all! Fall is here! How many of you are excited about the colder weather, abundance of pumpkin and comfy fall fashion! Like most, fall is my favorite time of year. The fashion, the cool weather, and pumpkin spice everything. I’m also in love with fall makeup. Now don’t get me wrong. I love a pink lip. Lord knows I have probably have every shade of pink MAC, NYX and my other favorite brand INGLOT has, but I also like a plum or warm nude lip. My everyday life doesn’t call for me to wear a ton of makeup, honestly between Monday-Friday, I really don’t wear any. I might throw on a little powder and gloss, and that’s it. But when I do wear makeup, I don’t want to appear as if I have a ton on! I also want something light, nothing heavy, (NOLA heat, and oily skin don't mix) There are so many great brands out and can be a bit overwhelming when you’re trying to find the best one for you. Here are a few of my top pics for the fall. Hopefully, it helps if you’re currently looking.
1. INGLOT is my current obsession. Coming in at about 18 bucks the Inglot HD Lip Tint Matte provides full, long-lasting coverage. I kid you not; this stuff doesn’t come off. I don’t know about you but, if I'm paying 18 bucks for a lipstick that sucker better stay on! Ingot has been one of my favs because, bottom line, the product is just that good. The only downfall I would say about INGLOT is you won’t find them in the mall or your closest Sephora. You can only purchase from one of their stand-alone stores or order online. Other than that I highly recommend them. I learned about them from my bestie makeup artist to everyone, Kisha Augustine. Being besties with one of the top makeup artists in the game has its perks. You learn about all these cool brands you don’t see in Sephora, they teach you how to apply concealer correctly (did you know you put that on TOP of your foundation? yea, neither did I) and you get “free” make up (err, sorry Kisha, I “forgot” to return your lipstick)
2. INGLOT EYESHADOWS I love these! applied on top of my eyelid primer (my lids are super oily, so a primer is a MUST) these pretty, high pigment shadows don’t move! I love these because you don’t need a lot of product. They also come in a ton of beautiful shades. They are about 7 bucks.
3. LOREAL VOLUMINOUS MASCARA BAAABY! I love me some Carbon Black. This is my favorite drugstore find. Depending on where you go, it's between 7 and 10 Bucks. I know there are a ton of great Mascaras out there. Anastasia makes a pretty awesome one. But if you’re looking for an inexpensive one that will make those lashes pop and appear as if you have on those good long fake lashes, THIS is your Mascara!
4. KYLIE JENNER MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK Stop rolling your eyes! Lol, This is actually pretty good. Right now my favorite color is, you guessed it, Pumpkin. It’s a pretty orange color. This stuff drys fast so you gotta move quickly when applying. The lip kit is about 30 bucks
5. FENTY!!! Ms. RiRi got this right! I am LOVING her 34 highlighters. Last night the hubby took me out to dinner, and I channeled my inner Kisha and applied evening makeup. When I used that highlighter, I had to do a double take because I was feeling myself. I love how shimmery it is… it was the perfect finishing touch to my make up. I love Kilawatt!
6. MAKE UP FOR EVER is a win for complexion. I have pretty oily skin....well correction… I HAD pretty oily skin. My skin changed after I had kids (Ladies with kids, did your skin change?) the texture of my curls changed also, but that’s another blog post, damn kids. Lol
anyway, back to the makeup. Right now I use the MAKE UP FOREVER Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation.This foundation is a bit pricey, 37.00 bucks but totally worth it. I love this product for many reasons. 1. a little goes a long way. You don’t have to cake this one on to get full coverage 2.you can use this wet or dry, Wet your sponge for sheer coverage or apply dry for a complete matte coverage. And 3. you can’t tell I have makeup on when I wear it. Even after a few hours. Even when my skin was oily, I didn’t have to blot my face still had a sweet Matte finish.
I hope my little list of favs helps out. Drop me a line and let me know your fav’s